Here at BigByte, we believe it’s always the right time to start a new language. As your child begins developing their academic skills in early elementary school, we’re here to help them begin developing their English skills, too.
Our tier 2 course, the New Learner Program, is designed for 1st-4th grade students needing to build on foundational knowledge in order to continue their language development. Students will focus on expanding vocabulary, applying grammatical knowledge, improving reading fluency and comprehension, and sharpening essay writing skills. Starting at this stage with our fully integrated CCSS-aligned curriculum, students will be on track with native speakers, covering a variety of subjects, such as science, history, and geography. By the end of tier 2, students will have gained the critical-thinking skills and forward-thinking attitude necessary to tackle the advanced challenges of our tier 3 course, the Experienced Learner Program.
- Developing oral fluency with functional language abilities
- Developing reading fluency and comprehension
- Developing paragraph and essay writing skills
- Developing critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Roughly 120 short books read and discussed
- Grade 1-4 students
- Students with under 3 years of English experience