Sometimes it can be difficult to advance from good to great. We say, what’s the point of learning a language if you’re never comfortable communicating in it? That’s why it’s so important to be in the right environment under the right guidance.
Our tier 3 course, the Experienced Learner Program, is designed for 4th-6th grade students looking to expand their intermediate English language skills and bridge the gap to fluency. Students will focus on applying the four foundational skills to real-world situations through Project-Based Learning (PBL). In doing so, students will develop their ability to use critical-thinking, creativity and innovation, and teamwork. At this point in our CCSS-aligned curriculum, students will be in line with western standards, continuing on a successful path towards native fluency. By the end of tier 3, students will have fine-tuned the four foundational skills of language learning and developed the kind of creative thinking required to thrive in our tier 4 course, the Senior Program.
- Bridging oral fluency and highly functional language ability
- Bridging comprehension of advanced English literature
- Advanced paragraph and essay writing ability
- Well-developed critical-thinking, creative and innovative, team-working, and presenting skills
- Roughly 180 advanced texts read and discussed
- Grade 4-6 students
- Students with 3-5 years of English experience